The America Needs You Partner Fellows Program at LaGuardia Community College helps high-achieving, first-generation college students succeed in college and their careers. We are excited to pilot an innovative program in which we bring the success of our national program to students on a specific college campus.
(1) be a first-generation college student, meaning neither one of your parents has earned a bachelor’s degree
(2) be a full-time student (planning to transfer to a 4-year school) who will graduate with an associate’s degree in spring 2019 or later
(3) be available to attend bi-monthly Saturday workshops starting in September 2018
(4) As of March 1, 2018, be eligible for full-time and off-campus internships, as well as paid employment opportunities
(5) be considered low-income according to HUD standards. To find more information regarding New York low-income limits, please click here.
For information on low-income limits in other states, click here and (1) select Click Here for FY 2016 IL Documentation, (2) select your home state, and (3) select View State Calculations and reference the bottom box (LIL)
To sign up for our mailing list and receive emails regarding upcoming recruitment events, click here. If you have any questions about the online application or admissions process, please contact:
LaGuardia Program Manager
Director of the Center for Career & Professional Development at LaGuardia Community College